- First, complete those questions for which you already know the answers.
- Make sure you truly understand each question before you try to answer it. For clarification, try rereading the question, finding the key words, or turning the question into a statement.
- Read all answer choices before making a selection.
- Decide where you will look for the answer. Use information from the text--find key words in the text that match key words in the question. Don't forget to also use information from the graphics.
- Eliminate incorrect answer choices.
- If you're allowed to do so, utilize other tools (pencil and paper, calculator) for assistance.
- Choose the best answer.
- If you're spending too much time on a single question, skip it and return to it later if time permits.